Thursday, January 13, 2011

Toxic Thoughts Don't have to make their home in your brain or body


Have you ever tried and tried to make a change in your life and no matter how hard you try, you feel it doesn't change for you? I have had that experience many times, not just for a New Year's resolution, but other areas of my life where I would pray and try to change a certain area of my life and then when nothing changes, I felt like a failure and became incredibly more frustrated upon each failure. I always believed it was me that just couldn't will myself hard enough to change into the outcome I desired and I know that God desired for me. Then I started learning about my brain and how it works. I didn't realize that self defeating thoughts like, "This hasn't worked in the past, why would it work in the future; or I always fail at this or that" actually tell my brain to give me that outcome.

"Underneath every problem or issue is a set of beliefs. The beliefs can include many elements such as:
  • How you think of yourself
  • How you perceive your place in the world
  • How you believe you must react to external events
  • How you are expected to react to external events
  • What you can expect from other people, from life or from the world
  • The way the world works
  • How the world reacts to you"
                                                Dr. Larry Nims

Dr. Caroline Leaf, an expert on brain development and a brain researcher states, "toxic stressors are activated by fear, so fear is the root of all stress. Fear triggers more than 1,400 known physical and chemical responses and activates more than 30 different hormones and neurotransmitters!" We can help you release fear and other negative emotions, turn down the chemical factory of toxic and stressful hormones and bring you to a point of balance regarding stressful issues you may face.
The brain doesn't care what you tell it to do, either positive or negative, it will do what it is instructed to do. That is why God commands us to take every thought captive unto the obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ. II Cor. 10:5. If you are wanting to re-train your brain for positive outcomes, we can help you!
Schedule today with Leah to release your toxic emotions.
For more information on Dr. Leaf, her website is http://www.drleaf.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment