Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Alternative to Pasta?



Here it is folks...two of my new fave alternatives to pasta. I thank God for alternatives because my 8 year old is definately getting sick of the brown rice pasta, and rightly so, I mean come on how many different variations of rice pasta can there be? Kidding, of course there are many ways but her taste buds need a change that is for sure.

I first found mung bean fettucine at Linden Hills Coop and now I buy it at the friendly Lakewinds coop. Mung bean is a legume with an amazing source of protein. It also packs a punch of magnesium, potassium, and B vitamins. Eat up folks!
I am loving the mung bean fettucine these days, just cook it up and add some Ohsawa Organic Nama Shoyu unpasteurized soy sauce for the ultimate authentic chinese experience. Throw in some fresh organic cilantro for some heavy metal detoxing just for fun. Of course it is delicious with organic pasta sauce as well. In the same row you will also find black bean spahgetti to try. Yum.
Ancient Chinese Medicine practitioners recommend mung bean to dispel toxins, relieve high blood pressure, and help stop coughing.
Mung bean fettucine is a favorite at Valeo...try it for yourself and let us know what you think!

“Those who take medicine and neglect their diet waste the skill of the physician.” Ancient Chinese proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment